Friday, January 22, 2010

The Widow's Might

If our earthquake story has taught me anything, it's that small people can make a big difference.

Speaking of small people, my son, Jesse (12) and his friend Kylie (11?) have collected money from kids at school for the last two days. I think they already have about $150 toward helping Haiti and it's a really small, rural school! Their goal is to keep it up through the end of next week at least. If they kept it up for a year? Do the math.

We have gotten calls from several teachers who want to involve their students. I think it's great!

Other small people are coming to my house to clean our barn tack-room, which was destroyed by our greedy horses. Kate will be so pleased.

And Trav, one of your friends came over and cleaned your room for you!

Thank you everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment