Monday, January 18, 2010

Wake Up Everybody!!!


Another delay for the third team, now scheduled to fly out tonight at midnight. They are supposed to arrive early a.m. Tuesday. Bryan is so frustrated.

Pray for Jon. He's been flying, almost non-stop, since Sat. with only cat-naps. Is that dangerous? Yes...but...guess who sustains us? He plans to stay to help in Haiti in whatever way he can.

No word from Carrefour most of the day. The last I heard my sisters and Katrina were out in the streets, doing whatever they could do. I wish I had more on them. But no news is probably good news. That is soooo Smith. Just business, thank you.

Bryan is exhausted. I am too. There are a lot of things behind the scenes happening, disconnected with these particular runs that I don't detail.

People are calling now with teams of doctors and nurses looking for a way down, people wanting us to help locate family members while we're there, orphanages without supplies asking for help, people clamoring for a seat on our little plane, material donations coming in without access to ground help who are looking for distribution, complications with shipping of water purification supplies, Haitian friends calling from the capital looking to connect with us while we are in country, religious denominations wondering "what to do" (typical), and even little 83-year-old ladies calling to say that all they have is 50 dollars but could we use it?

My left ear is hot and red. I yelled at Bryan on the phone and then he yelled at me. I secretly hope his ear is red, too. We hang up and apologized later. I guess that's just how it goes.

My girlfriend Jill came by today and offered her beautiful violin for Travis to play when he gets home. He will be so happy! And the melodies he will play...

This whole thing is bitter-sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment