Saturday, January 23, 2010

An Open Letter From Heidi

Lis
I was reading the blogs and thought I'd send one to you if you wanna post it.
On my way to Ft. Lauderdale I prayed that God would help us make a dent in Haiti and that it would make a dent in me. It made a much bigger dent than I had hoped for!
To Jon: You know how we have told you how very thankful we are that you could fly us down to Port-au-Prince. I feel so very lucky to have been a part of this! And we couldn't have accomplished this without your faithfulness and skill.
To the accusors: After cleaning and dressing wounds, there was "just one more" to help. What is the price of just one more person? I CANNOT and WILL NOT put a price on someone's life... A life from God. Saying that little organizations aren't needed in Haiti is ignorant and I pray that God will shut their mouths and open their eyes. I refuse to believe that small acts can't change a person, a city, a country, the world.
To all the prayers, donors, volunteers: I could feel your prayers and I thank you so much for backing us in so many ways. All the medical supplies and food that came in was amazing. The supplies really did seem to multiply in our bags! We were able to touch so many people with your generosity.
To the Haitians: We won't forget and we will continue to help you, pray for you and keep you in our hearts. I love you.
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment