Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Time Left in Haiti is Short

Reports from Bryan are getting better. Dieudonner says there are many, many pockets of people throughout the city, like our own, working independently of bulbous organizations. He says that all of these that he knows of or has come across are followers of Jesus Christ (Haitian and Foreign). I'm really proud to be a Christian right now, for a change.

Also, aid is getting out, now. Our area hasn't seen it, but Dieudonner says that there are other areas that are getting help. This is good.

Since that plane was not for us, like I had thought, our entire family will be flying out with John tonight, provided that his plane is able to fly. As a family, we will regroup and decide how to proceed from here.

Perhaps our purpose in all of this was to fill a need---a crazy, one-shot deal, for one moment of crisis. Maybe. Maybe it's time to hand the task to better people and support them.

Maybe we are supposed to continue this work. If we are, there is no doubt that God will clear a path in the rubble for us, as he has done up to this point. We can't stop... but our job may change. How best to proceed? And when? Pray us forward from here, my friends.

I'm depressed writing this. Could be lack of food (my friend said I was on a high-stress diet). Could be lack of sleep (too many 20-hr. days?). And it could be that I just don't want to stop doing this. But I have to be a mother (I've been a really bad one for over a week), Bryan has to work so we can pay our bills, kids have to go back to college.

As we mull these things over (while continuing to provide support to those left on the ground) here's what I want from you:

If you have been following this blog, e:mail me your names, e-mail addresses, and how you know us or heard about this trip so I can keep you all informed of continuing work in Haiti. The blog will continue as the team returns to tell their stories.

Bry called to finish the story of the little girl because we got cut off. He said the girl was screaming as her toes were being worked on, "Satan, ou te pedi, ou te pedi, ou te pedi batay sa!"
It means, "Satan, you lost! You lost! You lost this battle!"

1 comment: